Services After Graduation
The Student Success Centre: Careers, Leadership and ExperienceUniversity Community Centre, Room 210, 519-661-3559
The Student Success Centre has a wide variety of resources to assist you as you take the next steps on your life path--whether moving toward a new job, further schooling, or pursuing volunteer opportunities here or abroad. Take a look at some of the services available to you:
- Career Counselling (for up to 1 year post graduation during the school year, and for all alumni during the summer months)
- Networking Events (Backpack to Briefcase and Blueprint for Work/Life series)
- Interest & Personality Assessment
- Career Events – including Career and Job Fairs and Employer Information Sessions
- Drop in Employment Help and Resource Centre (for assistance with your job search)
- Workshops (e.g. Interview and Job Search Strategies)
- Internship and Co-op Programs
- Graduate School and Post Diploma Program Directories
- Links to Volunteer Opportunities
- Exclusive Employment and Volunteer Postings – through Career Central.
Alumni can obtain access to Career Central, our online information management system, to search job opportunities and career events, by registering here.
- Resource Centre (in house and on-line)
Your journey of becoming a member of Western Alumni starts the day you receive Western’s offer of admission. From that time until the day you graduate, Western Alumni supports and fosters your student experience.
- Presented by Alumni Western, Scotiabank and USC, the Award of Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching celebrates and recognizes innovative teaching by Western professors.
- For graduating students, the Last Lecture features a keynote address from a prominent alumnus.
- Alumni worldwide have access to digital and in-person career development opportunities to learn, connect and advance throughout their careers through Alumni Career Management.
- Ten Thousand Coffees is a website designed for young alumni and professionals to connect with those more experienced to share insights and advice, usually over a cup of coffee.
Now that you are graduating, Western Alumni also offers:
- Face-to-face networking opportunities through alumni branches.
- Events around the globe.
- Western Alumni News, a monthly e-newsletter.
- Exclusive deals and services.
- Western Alumni Gazette, Western’s alumni magazine.
- The Western Alumni Online Directory.
All of Western Alumni’s benefits and activities are available to you provided we can contact you through your current mailing and email address. While on campus, you lived the best student experience of any university in Canada. As an alumnus, you can continue the experience by keeping connected to classmates and fostering new friendships with those who share The Western Experience.
Western Continuing Studies
Citi Plaza, Unit 240, 519-661-3658
Continuing Studies at Western offers a wide variety of courses designed to help alumni and members of the community further develop knowledge and skills relevant to any career. Some of the areas that we offer courses in are:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Project Management
For graduates who are looking to learn specialized skills, Continuing Studies also offers a number of post-degree diploma programs. These programs have been developed in very specific career-related fields and in most cases provide an opportunity to gain practical experience that will deliver invaluable career preparation. Post-degree diploma programs include:
- Arts Management
- Career Development
- Clinical Trials Management
- Grief and Bereavement Studies
- Not-for-Profit Management
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Public Relations